“Seed Seva Seasonal Mentorship”
Curated by Rowen White
“Founder of Sierra Seeds”
The Taos County Economic Development Center is proud to announce that we have received funding from the USDA through the OASDVFR Grant. We have created an opportunity to send one Taoseño/a to the 2021 “Seed Saving Mentorship Program”. This mentorship provides a unique opportunity because it submerges it’s mentees in an exclusive experience that “explores the means and ways to care for the seeds of our ancestors with respect and reverence.” – SEED SEVA
The SEED SEVA Holistic approach honors the indigenous permaculture and it’s approach to the many layers of seed culture. SEED SEVA provides practical hands-on skills, cultural context and indigenous ecology such as:
- Seasonal themed seed stewardships learning module that aligns with every month of the season.
- Two monthly informative inspirational videos.
- Interviews and complimentary content from an amazing line up of inspiring seed stewards from around the country.
- Access to our private Facebook group to share inspiration with all the others who make up our vibrant learning community
- Resources such as templates and prompts to start a seed inspired garden journal .
- Seed of the week interactive learning. Going deep into the cultural memory.
To download PDF version of flyer click here: Seed School Flyer
Before you register please review the requirements below:
- Fill out the form on our registration page provided below.
- Must be able to share information learned from Seed Seva with the TCEDC. Examples can be;
- Hands on activity
- One to one peer support
- Write a letter of interest stating:
- Why do you want to participate?
- Describe how you will be a great fit for the Seed Seva opportunity.
- Describe how the Seed Seva Mentorship Program would be a great fit for you.
- Explain what your level of commitment to the program will be.
Applications will be handled by the outreach coordinator.